When you've reached the 9-month mark in your pregnancy, you're probably excited, nervous, and ready to meet your little one. With all the shopping, washing, and baby proofing you've been doing, you might have neglected your own needs. While having sex is considered safe even at 9 months pregnant, you might be cautious before you do the did. Will sex while 9 months pregnant trigger labor and how safe is it? Read on to learn more.
Is Sex Safe During 9 Months Pregnant:
2. Spoon position
3. Man on top
4. Seated position
- If either of you is uncomfortable about having sex during the pregnancy, talk about it. You can always come up with some other adult activities to do that will satisfy both of you, which do not involve intercourse.
- In the second trimester, know that your breast can leak. If your guy likes to play with your breasts during sex, this is one thing you want them to be aware of so they don't freak out when it occurs.
- You may go through periods of not wanting sex. While most women see a boost in their sex drive, some women will experience the opposite. Don't worry it will come back, your sex drive will go through highs and lows during and after your pregnancy because of the changes in your blood flow.
- Uterine contractions can occur after sex which is perfectly normal. While having an orgasm during sex won't cause premature labor, they will cause uterine contractions which can last for a few minutes after sex.
- During your third trimester, it is more common for there to be spotting after sex. This is due to the increase in blood volume, which is usually nothing to be concerned about.
- If you are partaking in oral sex, be sure your partner is careful not to blow any air into the vagina. This air can create an air bubble that enters the bloodstream which can result in a blocked blood vessel which is harmful to you and your baby.
- Is sex while 9 months pregnant safe if your water breaks? No! If your water has broken, get directly to the hospital! Having sex after your water breaks can increase the chance of infections.
- Get some quickies in! You might not be comfortable enough to have sex for very long when you are 9 months pregnant, so quickies can be enough to satisfy yours and your partner's needs.